If you are interested in developing your skills in this fast-growing field, you may be wondering where to start. Thankfully, there are many online courses available to help you advance your skills and career.
We’ve curated a list of the best nail technician classes available online. Read below to find the best courses for you.
Best Nail Technician Classes Online:
- Best Overall: How to Make Easy Flower Designs for Nail Technicians
- Best for Beginners: Nail Technician – 3 Easy Flower Designs
- Best for Intermediate: Flower Symphony – Learn to pain spectacular nail designs
- Best for Advanced: Expert Nail Technician Course – Become a SuperStar Nail Tech
- Best for Pedicures: Classic Full Pedicure (traditional and permanent nail polish)
- Best for Acrylic Nails: Nail Technician, Acrylic Nail Courses
- Best for Gel Nails: Gel Nail Course
- Best for Nail Art on Gel Nails: Nail Art Course with Gel Painting
- Best for Halloween Nails: Halloween Nail Art – How to Draw the Clown from It
- Best for Christmas Nails: Nail Art – Christmas Designs on Nails
- Best for Creating an At-Home Nail Salon: Create Your Own Nail Salon from Home
1. How to Make Easy Flower Designs for Nail Technicians (Best Overall)
What we liked: This is a great course for a range of skill levels. It teaches skills that nail technicians want to learn in a fun and accessible way.
- This is a fun course to take to learn how to perfect some of the most popular nail art.
- Enthusiastic yet clear and easy-to-follow instruction.
- Learn decorative nail art techniques that will impress your clients and friends.
- Surprise bonus in the course.
- Video course is only 55 minutes long.
- The class is mostly targeted toward a range of intermediate-level nail technicians. Those who are complete beginners or very advanced might not benefit as much from this course.
2. Nail Technician – 3 Easy Flower Designs (Best for Beginners)
What we liked: Even beginners can make beautiful nail art like a pro with this easy-to-follow course!
- The instructor truly takes you step-by-step through everything an emerging nail technician would need to know to create attractive nail art.
- Explains the different nail technician tools and how best to use them.
- Learn three different designs to impress your clients and friends.
- Upon completion of the course, earn a certificate.
- Only 55 minutes of video, which you can pause and rewatch anytime.
- As a beginner course, it only teaches three designs, so you may want to take additional courses to broaden your knowledge afterwards.
3. Flower Symphony – Learn to pain spectacular nail designs (Best for Intermediate)
What we liked: Learn how to create a variety of mesmerizingly beautiful and realistic flower designs on nails.
- Class is taught by an acclaimed artist, Tifrea Raluca.
- Learn how to mix colors to create an “infinite number of colors.”
- Perfect for intermediate or even advanced nail technicians.
- Earn a certificate of completion and revisit the course anytime.
- This course teaches painting on gel nails only, though the artistic techniques could be applied to any type of nail polish.
4. Expert Nail Technician Course – Become a SuperStar Nail Tech (Best for Advanced)
What we liked: This course covers a huge portion of what you need to know to become a professional nail technician, including marketing your business. Three experts contribute to the course, so students learn best practices for each area, nail art, technical nail expertise, and marketing.
- Review fundamentals of doing nails, as well as learn many advanced design techniques.
- Learn important aspects of running your own business including sanitary conditions, ergonomics, avoiding allergies, and even marketing your business.
- Students who successfully complete the course earn a certificate.
- All videos are on-demand and have “lifetime access.”
- This is a full and thorough course, so the videos alone are 6.5 hours long. You may need to pause and review, as well.
5. Classic Full Pedicure (traditional and permanent nail polish) (Best for Pedicures)
What we liked: While fingernails may get all the attention on Instagram, ladies like their toenails to be painted and cared for, too! This course covers both the pedicure itself, as well as polishing techniques.
- Detailed best practices for a full pedicure, European style.
- The course also teaches polishing techniques for toes, including traditional and “permanent” (or semi-permanent, similar to gel).
- Covers permanent/semi-permanent polish removal, as well.
- Approximately 1.5 hours of video which can be paused and reviewed.
- Students who complete the course earn a certificate of completion.
- Students may earn a certificate of completion and revisit the course at any time.
- The class focuses on the main points, so there are not really any extras such as adding nail art to the pedicure.
6. Nail Technician, Acrylic Nail Courses (Best for Acrylic Nails)
What we liked: This popular and highly-rated course teaches students all of the most important information about how to expertly do acrylic nails.
- Top-notch, detailed instruction, including going over how to use the specific tools and materials needed.
- Advanced techniques for filling of both almond and square-shaped nails.
- Hands-on learning.
- Certificate of completion.
- You are expected to have all necessary equipment in order to fully participate in the course. This includes the correct LED lamp, electric file, bits, acrylic brush, and more.
7. Gel Nail Course (Best for Gel Nails)
What we liked: This is an excellent course to learn best practices for applying gel nails.
Pros: The course takes you step-by-step through all of the most important skills and techniques for applying gel nails.
- The course covers the best preparation for nails, shaping, and sculpting.
- It also covers the best way to cure the gel without burning anyone or getting any “heatspikes.”
- Students earn a certificate of completion and can review videos anytime.
- It is a very detailed course. You should set aside at least 2 hours and 47 minutes just for the videos, plus time to practice.
8. Nail Art Course with Gel Painting (Best for Nail Art on Gel Nails)
What we liked: Many women want long-lasting gel nails, but also want beautiful nail art. With this course, you can give them both without forcing them to choose one or the other!
- Learn how to make many different beautiful and long-lasting designs while using nail gel.
- Course is taught by a top-level nail trainer.
- Students earn a certificate of completion and can watch the videos anytime.
- Learning these techniques takes time. The videos in this course total 3 hours and 23 minutes.
9. Halloween Nail Art – How to Draw the Clown from It (Best for Halloween Art)
What we liked: This course teaches techniques for replicating a design from a reference phot, as well as how to fix any mistakes. It also teaches how to quickly add complementary designs on the other nails.
- Clear, step-by-step instruction.
- Includes sketching the design, shading, highlights, fixing mistakes, and doing a quick design on the rest of the nails.
- The course is clear and interesting enough for beginners all the through advanced nail technicians.
- Only gives one main design example (the clown from It), but students could apply the techniques to other characters.
10. Nail Art – Christmas Designs on Nails (Best for Christmas Nails)
What we liked: Christmas is a very popular time of year to get ones nails painted, especially with cheery designs. With this course, you’ll be able to give your clients beautiful and unique nail designs to show their family and friends.
- Learn a variety of new Christmas designs, as well as tips that can be applied to any design.
- Includes designing with gels, glitter, and gems.
- Accessible for a wide range of ability levels.
- Earn a certificate of completion and watch videos anytime.
- The videos are 1 hour and 41 minutes, plus you will need time to pause and practice.
11. Create Your Own Nail Salon from Home (Best for Creating an At-Home Nail Salon)
What we liked: This concise course sets an excellent foundation for making your own home business as a nail technician.
- Only about 40 minutes of video.
- Reviews the most important basics of the nail salon experience.
- Provides crucial information for establishing your own business at home.
- Watch the videos anytime and earn a certificate of completion.
- This course is complementary to other courses and to having proper licensure. Make sure to take additional training, as well.
Interested in other courses and classes?
If you are for free courses, you can check out our free courses with certificates page.
Nail Technician Courses – Best Online Options
While there are many options for learning nail technician skills online, we have narrowed the list down to just the best courses. Whether you are a beginner, or a long-time professional interested in advancing your techniques, follow the links above to continue your nail technician journey!